5 Uses for Fall Leaves
As you all know, Lubbock has a reputation for being a windy city. In the summertime, this breeze is much needed to give some relief from the rising temperatures. However, in the fall the wind can cause leaves to fly around everywhere leaving everyone’s lawn and gutters a mess. Usually after raking or blowing the leaves into a neat pile they are thrown out and never thought of again. There are, however, a few different ways to use your leftover leaves so that you don’t always need to throw them away.
- Use them as an art project- You can create a wreath out of leaves, or even paint over them and make a whimsical painting. Pinterest has tons of fun and easy ideas to use for art projects.
- Mulch- Break the leaves up and repurpose them into your soil for a free, organic mulch.
- Save them- Leaves are always beautiful to look. Why not press them and frame them to go in your house.
- Let your kids enjoy them- Most people’s favorite fall memory as a kid was jumping into a pile of leaves. Have your kids enjoy rolling around and throwing leaves as a fun activity.
- Compost- Create a compost bin out of your leaves. Be sure to chop the leaves up first to speed up the process.
Finding new uses for leaves can help make decorating for the fall season more exciting. If you get any property damage due to the fall weather call SERVPRO® of Southwest Lubbock at 806-780-6311 to make it "Like it never even happened."